Wednesday, March 29, 2006

CAT - Getting their licks in...

Earlier this afternoon, I had a bowl of strawberry ice cream. When I finished the bowl, there was, of course, some melted ice cream in the bottom. Since they love that, I gave it to the cats.

Peabrain and Snowy had been shadowing me the whole time I was eating the ice cream, so they got to the bowl as soon as I put it down. Peabrain dipped his head down, and lapped-up a bit of the drippings. He looked up. (Stretch, smell the air, plan how to lick up the rest--who knows?) Then he licked some more, and again lifted his head out of the bowl. This second time, Snowy dove in, licking the bowl furiously.

Peabrain waited a moment. Snowy did not come up for air as he had done--much to his chagrin. When he felt he waited long enough, he was quite clever about how he got another turn: he licked Snowy's ear. Snowy, rather startled, looked up. Peabrain instantly resumed licking the bowl. It was classic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home