Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Because what the world really needed was fish-flavored orange juice?

OK. I normally drank Tropicana's Healthy Heart orange juice. It tasted good and it had extra calcium and potassium.
Someone, however, recently thought it was a good idea to add Omega 3 fatty acids to the orange juice. If you don't know the term, that's fish oil. The carton even says in fine print on the back "Contains tilapia, sardine and anchovy"--and don't ask me how they made that selection--because I'd think sardines and anchovies would be among the more potent, flavorful fish--and they'd want something with less flavor. When I heard about the change, I was concerned.
So, I finally tried the new formula with the Omega 3. It does NOT taste like fish. It doesn't taste like it used to, either. I can't quite place what the new ingredient tastes like. Maybe a bit like it's watered down--but that's not completely accurate. It is not an improvement, however. While I try to place the new flavor, I'll be looking for a new brand of OJ..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home